2015-12-06

Humvee and upgraded recoilless gun

Between feeding and baking the famous swedish pastry, Lussekatt.
I managed to squeeze in some time for modelmaking.
I have now made the guntower for my Humvee and to be
able to glue the sides I have made a groundplate and then it
was "easy-peasy". :) To give the tower a bit of character I
made some rivets and I am also wondering if I will make
some camo-net for this tower. I think the guntower is high
and to make it blend in more I think the netting will do the
job!? In the rear of the vehicle I have also made a antenna
and to mount this I made a holder out of a ear-tops and
blocked the end to fixate it.
I am also planning to finalize the model with paint and
the tower will get some woodland and the whole vehicle
will also get a "wash" of rust and shading.
The figure will be painted in woodland (US-cold war era).
I have added a hook for towing and I have also upgraded the
recoilless gun with a front-plate to be able to give support at
the frontline. This frontplate will get a bit of camonet too. :)







12 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Luca. It was also fun to build.

      Radera
  2. The gun looks much improved with the gunshield and rivetting now added; the 'tower on the Humvee, even if a little high, is very imposing and they are 'fantasy' pieces after all.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Joe. I agree that the guntower is very high but I have tried make it look bulky and welded at the front.The gun has now similarities to WW2-antitank guns like the Bofors 37 mm but the original Recoilless rifle both the 75mm and the 106mm had no shields at all. I guess they used it from hidden gunplacement or behind natural covers, a bit risky for the crew though.

      Radera
  3. Excellent conversions. Ptr.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Jay. :) I am also planning to make more towers with different task such as RPG and spotter and also a multiple rocketlauncher. :)

      Radera
  4. Svar
    1. Tackar och bugar. Det var kul att bygga och snart är allt målat (rapport på G). Thankyou. :)

      Radera
  5. That is a lovely bit of customising!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tjenix Thomas! Tackar och bugar och hukar mig för dessa vänlig ord. :) Kommer att bygga flera olika varianter att placera som torn för olika uppgifter.Känns mer användbart om fordonet kan utrustas efter olika uppdrag och spelscenarier.Thankyou.

      Radera