2015-09-26

Paintingrack updated

This weekend I have been updating my
small paintingrack that I made during one
of my courses in wood and interior-carpentry
in 1994-95. Back in those years the
Humbrol-paint was the most common
hobby-paint on the market and it was
later that citadel-paint was getting the
most obvious choice.
Now I made a extra rack that fits both
the acrylic paint from Humbrol but
also Citadel and Army painter.
I made the rack in solid ash with details
in copper. The rest of the rack is made
in birch, beech, oak, cherry and pear. :)

Denna helgen ägnade jag åt att bygga till
min målarhörna som jag urspriungligen
konstruerade och byggde under en av
mina kurser i trä och möbelsnickeri 1994-95.
Då var Humbrol-färg den vanligaste hobby-
färgen på marknaden och det var först
senare som Citadel blev det vanligaste
valet. Nu har jag byggt en ny hylla som
passar både Humbrols acryl-färger men
även Citadels och Army painters.
Jag byggde hyllan i massiv ask med
detaljer i koppar. Resten av målarhörnan
är byggd av björk, bok, ek, körsbär och päron. :)







17 kommentarer:

  1. That is beautifully crafted and well organised!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much for this comment Anne. The original plan was to make a practical piece of furniture and also play with different kinds of wood.Everytime I look at it I want to sit down and make creative projects and that is a reward that I got the design right. :)

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Al. I can make drawing on this piece of furniture and publish it here at Hugg och slag if you are interessted in making one of these yourself?

      Radera
  3. Wonderfully organized, everything has its place!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Luca.To have all the things you need organized is inspirational for me.

      Radera
  4. That is a beautiful piece of work.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Michael. Wood and carpentry is very nice and also good to work with.I am planning to make a report on how to make these with drawings and instructions on my blog.

      Radera
  5. Svar
    1. Thankyou very much András. When living together with my family it is also nice to have a portable piece of furniture for my hobby. :)

      Radera
  6. Excellent ! I thinkif I started out on something like this it would end up as kindling.- I'm very impressed wih your wood-working talent.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Joe. I will publish a manual how to build one of your own very soon.It is not so hard to do but you have to decide that you really want to finish it.

      Radera
  7. Very nice indeed! Is that a steel plate in that little pedestal?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Stor tack Thomas. :) Kommer inom kort att publicera en konstruktionsritning och manual hur du kan bygga en egen kopia. Yes it is. The handle is made of solid pear and cherry-wood and the small plate is used to apply sticky-pads or tejp to attach a figure.The handle is used for fixating a figure when you paint and don´t want to hold the base.

      Radera
  8. Tackar och bugar Koen! :) Kommer inom kort att publicera hur man kan bygga en sådan hörna själv. Thankyou for making this comment.

    SvaraRadera